OPPORTUNITIES AT MBB
Mazurek, Belden & Burke, P.C. (“MBB”) is always interested in good people, including: Attorneys licensed/admitted to practice law in Texas, New Mexico and Oklahoma, primarily to assist in preparation of Oil and Gas Title Opinions; Administrative Assistants to support our Attorneys and Office Manager; and 2L and 3L law students to assist in various tasks through legal internships.
Experience is not required, but is preferred, and we encourage candidates of ALL levels of experience to apply.
Attorney candidates must be licensed/admitted, be active and be in good standing to qualify. We are not able to consider candidates who are pending admission or awaiting test results.
In addition, all candidates must be excellent communicators. Attorneys and legal interns should be proficient in legal research and writing as they will frequently need to answer client or attorney questions regarding legal principles and industry operations.
WE are always looking for candidates who meet our five Core Values, people who:
1) Do the right thing, whether that is in relation to the client, the team, or the project. What exactly the right thing is may not always be immediately known, so we are not looking for dogmatic people who never change their view on the world; however, we only want people who are committed to doing what is right for the Client and their team, etc., consistently. We call this Black and White.
2) Integrate into our team structure, working together to achieve our clients' goals in such a way that the sum of the team is greater than the parts. Whether working internally on a project with administrative staff, examining attorneys, managers, or shareholders, or working externally with a complimentary vendor or firm vendor, we are all on the same team attempting to accomplish the same goal. We find ways to help each other accomplish tasks so that we can be better, faster, and more efficient than by going it alone. By working together, as opposed to individually, we achieve greater things. We call this Cover and Move.
3) Are willing to push themselves out of their comfort zones to achieve an outcome. We understand that the world, including the legal profession, is dynamic, and that law firms must adapt and find new, better ways to find effective, efficient solutions for our clients. Because of this, we force ourselves to develop and implement new ideas on how to provide our clients with the best possible service we can, which means we must be willing to eagerly embrace change instead of clinging tirelessly to old, comfortable routines. We call this Be Bold.
4) Take responsibility and control of their situation in relation to projects, careers, personal lives, etc. We hold ourselves to high standards in everything we do, and we hold ourselves accountable. When we fail to achieve our goals, we refuse to blame circumstances outside of our control; instead, we examine our own actions to determine what we could do differently to prevent such a failure from happening in the future. By doing this, and even examining and exerting control over situations before such a failure can occur, we become the best version of ourselves for our team, our clients, our families, and our communities. We call this Take Ownership.
5) Know how to treat others with professionalism and dignity in all interactions and relationships. We strive to create an environment where all team members, regardless of job title or stature, understand how to properly communicate with all other team members in a positive way that fosters personal and professional growth and supports our team structure. We expect everyone to treat all others the way they want to be treated. We call this Respect.
All inquiries are confidential.
If you want to know more about the opportunities available at MBB, please send a one page cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.